Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bang! - Denver, CO


7/12/12 - Lunch
This was another pick from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  Guy Fieri had the gumbo at Bang! with the jalapeno cornbread.  It looked so good, I had to try it myself.
Gumbo
Jalapeno cornbread
Gumbo - This gumbo had a little kick to it, but the flavors melded together well.  My peer commented that it was not overly salted, which allowed her to taste all of the complex flavors.
Jalapeno cornbread - So imagine a moist loaf of jalapeno cornbread being baked in a loaf pan and then sliced.  Then take the slice and grill both sides on a buttered griddle.  This was the heaven that I got to experience.  I wanted to get seconds and thirds of just the cornbread!
Thanks for the recommendation, Guy!
P.S. - If you don't like seafood, try the meatloaf...I hear it's excellent!
www.bangdenver.com/



Shrimp and sausage gumbo 

Jalapeno cornbread

Bang! on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment